Saturday, October 31, 2009

trick or treat.

ask anyone who knows me...i love halloween.
we get a lot of trick or treater's in our neighborhood, so
i started dressing up a few years ago to hand out candy.
i pretty much make my costumes with odds and ends i find at the thrift stores,
or just scrounging around my house.
i seem to have quite a collection of costumes these days.
my poor neighborhood kids never know what to expect.


2004...the hamburgler.
it seemed to be a big hit.
i really should of went to mcdonald's dressed like this,
just to see if i could get some  free food.

2005...robin hood.
for some strange reason,
i don't have a picture of this one...bummer.
it was cute.
although one kid kept calling me an elf.
he didn't get any candy.   kidding, but he didn't get the good stuff!


2006...ghost bride.
this one was really fun, but seriously freaked out the little kids.
poor lawson, my neighbor did not like me one bit!

2007...wednesday addams.
i loved it when i went to the door and saw a little girl dressed up just like me.
she looked up at me and said..."hey, your me!"
she got extra candy :)

...now you know what to do for extra candy, or to end up with the
bad stuff.  (i am not an elf!)

me and spidey made quite a pair.

2008....whimsical witch.


this one was fun to make...the dress is made from a halloween tablecloth
i found at my favorite flea market...the hat also came from there.
it was super itchy and i kept losing feathers all over the house,
but it was still one of my favorites.
i actually just found one of the feathers the other day in my closet.
my little neighbor london ended up matching me and my pumpkin
in her little bat outfit.  she was the cutest bat i had ever seen.

so what i'm i going to be this year???

your just gonna have to wait and see what i conjured up.
it's pretty darn cute...i think anyway.
all i know is that after today, i'm probably going to find glitter
everywhere for the next 10 years.


1 comment:

  1. I just don't understand where you find all the time to do all the crafty stuff you do!!!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!!