Monday, December 14, 2009

the dog who blogs: craft project


miley mae douglass

i have the bestest family
and the bestest friends.
follow my blog every
monday and see the world
through my big brown eyes.



today i'm gonna show you my latest craft project.
that's right people, this pup can craft too.
this one was especially fun because for the very first time,
i got to use the oven.
supervised of course. (momma made me put that in)
i could of totally done it by myself, but you know how momma's are.

so i bet your thinking i whipped up some dog biscuits or some Christmas goodies.
nope. ( i totally could though...you should see me run the mixer!)
i made a new i.d. tag for my necklace...ok, collar.
it is so cool!!
you make it like those shrinky dink thingies.
remember those?
of course you do...i know all of my readers have good rememberer's
i know your all on the edge of your seats wanting to know how i did it.
so here we go.

first, you have to go to walgreen's and buy the kit...only $3, very easy on the wallet.
since momma still won't let me drive, i let her take me to pick it out.
i picked the cute paw print design, but there's lots to choose from.

it's a good idea to lay out all the stuff to make sure your not missing anything.
i splurged a little and bought 2 kits, so i could make one for cousin lucky for Christmas.
(sorry duke, i wanted to do one for you too, but you have too many addresses & phone numbers)
it starts out really big so you can write all your info on it.

you should also read the directions carefully too. 


that cat was hanging out under the table.
i told her to go away or i would snip off her whiskers...
just kidding, i would totally never do that...well....uhmm...

then you put it in the oven on a dog biscuit sheet @ 325* for 3 minutes.


i am so glad our oven has a window so i could see what it was doing.
it sorta looked funny while it was shrinking, it said in the instructions that
it would curl up while it was shrinking...and it certainly did. haha, it looks silly.


look, it's all done!

pretty neat, huh?

...and in case you were wondering, yes i remembered to use an oven mitt.
i wasn't gonna risk messing up my freshly manicured paws.
i had to let it sit for 5 minutes to cool off before i could add the clasp and try it on.

this one's for lucky...i sure hope he doesn't have access to the web or i'm busted.
he lives in southern california, so that's why i had to block out his phone number.
i'm sure he doesn't want the puparatzzi to track him down.

i had momma take my picture so you could see it on.

now, if i ever get lost..(like that would ever happen) some nice person could look
at my pretty new tag and take me back home.
hum... maybe they would let me drive.

til next week my peeps,

MILEY

 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww your so clever Miley!!

    You should come read my blog, its about 2 naughty Boy jack russells, they would love some Doggy blog friends :)

    xx

    http://itsadogslife87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!!