Thursday, June 9, 2011

empty nest...

my 3 little baby robins flew off today.
momma & daddy did their jobs.
for weeks i have watched these amazing events.
from momma picking out just the right location in my hanging basket.
laying her eggs, keeping them warm, hatching, feeding them...letting them fly off on their own.
i am gonna miss walking out there every day to see 3 little heads bobbing up and down and chirping up a storm.
momma never dive-bombed me...
and i never gave her reason to. 
she would always let me get my picture & water the basket.
it's almost as if she knew i wasn't a threat...and i think she liked me talking all sweet to her and telling her how pretty her babies were, even though quite honestly they were pretty ugly from the start. :) 
it's amazing to me how quickly they change...
momma must be named martha,  cause she had some serious nest weaving skills.
she was never far away...always keeping watch.
like a good momma would.
she even posed for a few shots now and then.
of the three, one seemed to be the leader.
he was always the first one up.
or maybe he was just the hungriest?
 his poofy hair cracked me up...he reminded me of grandpa munster with that hair.

they didn't seem to mind the tight quarters.
i hope they all make it...
i know she does too.

5 comments:

  1. such a sweet story of the bird family! I wish the babies the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are some amazing photos my friend. The babies are so ugly they're cute. Love the photo of "Grandpa Munster". Did you used to watch that show? I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great pictures!!! I enjoy your blog. Randy Kralicek

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!!